Thursday, November 30, 2006

Attitude & Giving

Attitude and Giving

Your attitude is probably the most important ingredient to how well you will handle living in the world today. With WAR, Global Warming, AIDS, poverty, and terrorism - the world seems pretty bleak. If I want to really make myself feel sick, I can pick up a magazine at the check out line at the grocery store and see how Nicole Kidman makes 17 Million a Movie, or look at how ugly I am compared to Brad Pitt. Isn't envy one of the 7 deadly sins? It's funny how we tend to always want more than what we have. Most all successful financial advisors, say if you are struggling financially to start giving off the top. The bible preached it continually, and I must say - I have seen it work numerous times in my life before. Giving is a universal phenomenon and can really make you feel blessed. Do you realize that if you don't go to bed hungry every night you are better off than 1/3rd of the world. Yep, it's been said that 1/3rd of the world goes to bed hungry. Six million children die every year as a result of hunger. I would suggest this holiday season that we all take time out to think about the starving children in the world, the soldiers in Iraq, the homeless man down the street, the AIDS victim, and/or the child that lost his/her parent, or ther terminally ill. When you start thinking of the less fortunate than you can look up in the sky and thank god for giving you what he has given you, and maybe you can find it in your heart to give something back.

No comments: