Sunday, November 26, 2006

Flexibility

Working from home, or a home based business is the key to flexibility. I believe that most Americans would take a paycut for flexibility in their work schedule. I just finished watching the movie Spanglish with Adam Sandler, and in the film his character gave up 20% of his business to an employee, so he would have more time with his family. Life is short, and we need to do something fullfilling, especially when it comes to work. Ask yourself when you go to work again, if they weren't paying me would I still show up? If you answered yes, than unlike most Americans you love what you do. Ask yourself another question - do you work to live, or do you live to work? Ask yourself how many people on their deathbeds ever say, man I wish I put in more time at the office?

I believe that whoever invented 9 to 5 should be shot. Why not work 9 - 9, but take breaks every few hours, take a nap in the afternoon, have dinner with the family, watch a TV Show, take your clothes to the drycleaners, run a few miles on the treadmill. Spread your day out, it's alot more fun, believe me. Eliminate commuting and work an 8 hour day in 12 hours, it's really fullfilling, I've been doing it for a few years now. It's kind of ironic that I am writing this blog from my bed in my home office.

No comments: