Saturday, May 16, 2009

How Many People Do You Need To Sponsor?

That is probably one of the biggest questions in network marketing? How many people do I need to sponsor to be successful? Bob Schmidt who was probably one of the most successful network marketers of all time said you just need to find one strong leader a year to make a fortune in MLM. Than we got all these internet network marketers running around today saying you need 15 to 20 a month to be successful. After spending almost 2 years of my life in MLM, my thoughts are that if you could find 2 or 3 per month that would be very good. That would require talking to people daily, interviewing them, and sorting to find those that are ready. Think of yourself more as a talent scout who is looking for those individuals who you believe are qualified to do the job. Don't be a pushy sales guy. Pretend you are independently wealthy and you won't make any money unless someone stays with you for a long time. Try to keep in mind if you had to work with 15 to 20 people a month that would be challenging for even the top networking pros. I did it a few months ago and almost everyone quit, because I didn't have the time to work and develop everyone in my group. That was a good lesson for me, it taught me that in this business you need duplication, not alot of recruiting. If your just going to recruit a ton of people, my recommendation would be to just go become a salesperson, because most of your people are going to quit if you don't support them. This business is more about duplication, teaching, mentoring, and personal development than just signing people up to see what happens.

2 comments:

Sue Knapstein said...

Great article. I agree that it's more than "getting people in". I think that's why MLM gets a bad rap. Leaderboards are shown filled with people who have "brought in" hundreds of people. Where are those people now? I'll bet the person who brought all those people in has no relationship with them and they are gone, left with a bad taste in their mouth. Building relationships in any part of your life is very important and worth the effort. Thanks again for a great article.

Unknown said...

Awesome article. It is so true,relationships are sooo important. Don't be a sponsor monster, creat trust, friendship and loyalty.

Thanks for the great read.
Catherine Hunter