Sunday, February 21, 2010

Are you holding onto something?

It's been said that we can paralyze ourselves and our futures through our resentments. If you find yourself stuck in the middle and not able to move forward, it could quite simply be that you are holding onto something that you really really really need to let go of. I had a resentment that I held onto for over 25 years. This resentment ate me up inside like cancer and I didn't know what to do with it. Quite honestly, I didn't even know how serious it was hindering me until I attended a seminar in 2007. During this 3 day seminar I was able to recognize that this resentment was not only holding me back from a healthy relationship with this person, but it was causing me to fall short in almost every area of my life. I simply had to just let it go and forgive this person. And what a relief it was once I did - AMAZING!

As you go through this new year, I would encourage you to do some self exploring to see if there is any area of your life where you too can let go. I would challenge you to dig deep inside to see if there is anyone or anything that you are hanging onto. You see if someone has caused you great pain or hurt, you don't need to necessarily forget what they have done to you, for some that would be as impossible as walking on water. However, you can take those isolated feelings/memories and turn them over, or LET GO. If you have harmed another person, you can ask that person for forgiveness (but even more importantly forgive yourself). If you feel you can't ask this person for forgiveness in person, write them a letter (you don't even need to share it). Don't always expect others to forgive you, but getting it out there can be a huge release. If nothing less, I can certainly promise you, that if you clean your past and learn to let go and forgive, you will start living a life with way more peace & serenity.

This new life will not only help you achieve more satisfaction in your relationships, but it will also give you so much liberation inside that you will have way more to offer to others. As Ghandi once said, "Become the change you want to see in the world."

let me suggest 4 things you can do immediately to help you achieve Nirvana in your life right now:

* A willingness to be honest with yourself and others
* A willingness to forgive and let go
* A willingness to be kind to yourself and others (Love is an action)
* A willingness to be grateful everyday no matter what (gratitude is the beginning to prosperity)

No comments: