Friday, March 4, 2011

Is it really your fault when you fail?

I disagree with all these people who say if you fail in one company it's your fault. At 20, I got a job selling cars and barely made $900 my first month, I quit and went to another store and made quadruple that in 30 days. I was doing network marketing a few months back with one company and didn't make much money over the 90 days I was doing it. I left to go to another company and made 10 times the amount of money in less than 30 days. I sold homes 3 years ago while living in Australia and didn't make 1 sale for 5 months with my office. Went to another office and sold 3 homes in my first 30 days.

My point is that a lot of times it's not you, but it could be that one size doesn't fit everyone. Only a very small percentage of people can sell anything. You must not only believe in yourself, but the company your representing. If you see things in your company that you don't like going on that will play out to your prospects and therefore cause you not to have the enthusiasm or excitement necessary to make a sale. Sometimes, knowing when to quit is smarter than sticking it out. I know from experience that, no matter what you're doing you must be passionate about it. So don't beat yourself up if you've failed a few times, it's not always your fault.

No comments: