Monday, November 2, 2009

You Cannot Afford The Luxury of a Negative Thought

Have you ever been a situation where the way out seemed almost impossible, or so far away, you just prepared for the worst. I actually found myself doing this today while I had to go to court to defend myself for a decent sum of money that a source is trying to collect from me. Even though I know I did nothing wrong, for whatever reason I still had to defend myself. Even when you have been trained to avoid the negativity and only reach for the stars our human instinct is to prepare for the worst. The Legend Donald Trump has even been quoted that he always prepares for the worst before entering any business transaction. Personally, I would say anytime you allow your thoughts to drift into the abyss of negativity you can set yourself up for a string of events that could really send you into a tailspin. Many say your thoughts are not that powerful, but I totally disagree. I had gone into a negative state over the weekend preparing for this court case today and watched my car go into the shop with a major oil leak, a couch I purchased last week has become undeliverable even though I have made many attempts over the past few days to arrange for pick-up. I don't want to sound negative, but if you don't believe me, spend a few hours painting your world of negativity and just watch what happens. My advice is unless you are very wealthy - "You Cannot Afford The Luxury of a Negative Thought."

Here is a great exercise for you: Over the next week each time you have a negative thought write it down. You may be surprised how many negative thoughts go into your head.

No comments: