Saturday, September 19, 2009

Amazing Twitter Folks!

If you are not aware of the phenomenon known as Twitter, you are either living in a cave or completely in the dark on trends. Twitter is currently the #13 most visited website on the internet today and is taking the world by storm. From people tweeting about their latest meal, to people tweeting about their favorite recipe, I highly recommend you make Twitter part of your marketing if you are involved in a business of your own. Below are a few top Twitter Folks, I highly recommend you consider following!

Ashton Kutcher - Ashton is bigger on Twitter than he has ever been as a Movie or TV Star. He has over 3.6 Million Followers. He can probably just use Twitter to promote all his movies from now on, who needs to pay for advertising with that sort of network. Not only is he married to Demi Moore, but now he is The reigning king of Twitter (#1) - Sweet! I hope his film career goes as far as his Twitter Page.

Kevin Spacey - Kevin is a great actor and also a great twitterer, he always has some pretty interesting tweets and keeps it up there pretty regularly. He currently has over 1.2 Million Followers and as a former shoe salesman, has made the grade as an A+ actor and an A player Twitterer. I would given Kevin an A+ on Twitter, but he doesn't follow anyone back - ???????

Tony Robbins - The guru of personal development, has hit it BIG on Twitter, with a following of over 1.3 Million Followers, I'm sure Tony will add a few more pennies to his bank account. I still kick myself everyday I didn't travel to see Tony in Salt Lake this past June at my company's annual convention.

GaryV - Gary has like 800,000 followers, that is insane for someone who is not a Big Movie Star. Gary has a Wine Club TV Show and has taken his family business to new levels. I'm sure any wine entrepreneur would love to advertise their business on Gary's Page.

Guy Kawasaki - What can I say with over a 170,000 Followers he certainly knows how to attract an audience. Not too shabby for a venture capitalist and columnist for Entrepreneur Magazine.

Perry Belcher - Perry is a very interesting cat to say the least, with, "Air Brush Tatoo Artist, and Hot Dog Vendor" as his previous credits, he has some pretty good tweets and will not keep you too bored. He seems to interact with all of his followers and currently has over 106,000 followers. He claims he makes $1 per month for each of his followers, that's amazing for anyone in the world of social media. Doesn't that work out to over a million dollars a year from Twitter????

Ann Sieg - As a professional online network marketer I am impressed that anyone in the world of network marketing would have a total of 72,000 followers. Fortunately, I have had the chance to meet Ann and do some social media training for her team. It looks like her book "The Renegade Network Marketer" is making her a force to be reckoned with in the world of Twitter.

Oliver Turner - not sure what to make of Oliver, he certainly doesn't Tweet too often. As CEO of a staffing company who would have ever thought he would have almost 65,000 followers? I was recently on a training call with Oliver where he claimed to have received payment of over a $100K for 1 social media speaking engagement - that's amazing!

James Hickey - I actually know Jim personally and will say as SDEntrepreneur he seems to really know what he is doing in the world of social media. He actually passed me up in followers recently on Twitter and I think out of all the people in San Diego only Tony Hawk and Jason Mraz have more followers? James keeps it interesting with his local SD hot Spots and Photo Quizzes. He is a must to follow if you are interested in Social Media, or San Diego and keeps it very entertaining.

Neil Diamond - As a huge Neil Diamond Fan and imitator, I could resist to follow Neil on Twitter. Surprisingly Neil is very interactive with his audience. He has tweets like "At the US Open. Wow, what a great match!". He isn't the most active tweeter, but for a celebrity you can always find him tweeting every few days. Plus I'm a huge fan of his music, so I had to include Neil on my amazing Twitter Folks Page.

James Ray - James is a dynamic speaker and since attending his seminars and following his tweets, I am pretty impressed at not only by his personal development quotes, but also his ability to open up about his personal life. At his latest seminar he mentioned that he checks his Twitter and Facebook account regularly. You might recall James from the movie The Secret - "Your Wish Is My Command".

Well that sums up my list of Amazing Twitter Folks! If you are on twitter make sure to add these folks to your list of followers. And of course you can always follow me at http://www.twitter.com/homebiztrainer

No comments: