Friday, September 25, 2009

Doing Something You Love

If you are like me there has been times in your life where you were able to support yourself doing something you loved. Maybe it was that dream job, that hobby that you turned into income, or maybe it wasn't even the job or hobby, but doing something that was helping others like being a nurse or counselor. You see, each one of us was destined for greatness, but we have been conditioned for mediocrity. I personally have earned most my income through commissions for the majority of the past 10 years in sales. I chose a career in sales, not because of the money or that I like bugging people to buy my product or services, but because of the freedom it allows me. As long as I am producing and hitting my numbers or quota it's not a big deal if I take an afternoon off to go to my kids baseball practice, or go for a morning surf session in the Pacific Ocean. My accountability isn't in how many hours I work, but I get a percentage of what I bring to the table in value through consistent action and having the ability to get others to say YES. It's the same with my network marketing business. I've also been fortunate enough to bring in additional income as a musician. As a matter of fact it was only not quite a year ago where I was paying most of my mortgage in Australia while doing what I love - music.

My latest passion is now coaching others to success whether it be in network marketing, business, or life. I absolutely love coaching others and it's not even my main source of income, but it is part of what I do. So, my advice to you, is if you don't like what you are currently doing, then change it. Find what it is you really like to do, or want to do and make that your primary focus. My main focus currently is my coaching career first (even though not primary source of income - Yet), than my career as a sales professional & network marketer, finally - playing music is a hobby that has generated me a generous amount of income over the years. So dig deep and start turning the things you love into cash. Find one thing you love to do and make that your focus and you can create multiple streams of income around that. You can do this even if you have a full-time job. Unless you love what you do for a living currently, your job isn't as important as you think it is. Find your passion and run with it.

If you would be interested in a free 15 minute coaching session, email me at john@sellingwithintegrity.net

No comments: