Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Your Words Are So Powerful

Did you know the words you use can have a lasting impact on your overall well-being? Take for example when you ask how someone is doing and they say "not bad". Did you know that your unconscious cannot process a negative? How about telling your kid "Don't spill the milk". You know what usually happens? Yes, he/she spills the milk. Do you know why? It is because your kids brain just visualized you telling them that, so almost immediately following they actually spill the milk - makes sense. How about, "I cannot wait until I am out of debt". Guess what? You just told your unconscious mind that you want more debt. It is no wonder you cannot get out of debt and spend most of your life in debt. By trying to get out of debt, you are constantly telling your unconscious that you want more debt, "Your Wish is My Command". So how do you avoid the above. It is not easy, but my advice is really pay attention to the words that you use.

Below are a few more examples:

"Don't slip on the ice" - what happens when you tell your friend or neighbor that - they usually slip on the ice. How about telling them "be careful walking on that ice, it can be slippery". They didn't visualize themselves slipping on the ice on the last statement.

"not bad", try I'm doing good, or if your not doing good, just say you are doing ok.

"I cannot wait until I am out of debt", how about "I am so grateful for all that I have, it will be a wonderful day when I have more options vs. obligations", or "I am so grateful for all that I have, I create more value everyday and money flows to me constantly".

"Don't Spill The Milk". How about "Be careful when you hold that glass up", or "Don't drink so fast, pay attention".

This is just a tip of the iceberg, but remember your unconscious cannot process a negative and it also sees in pictures. If you would like to learn more about this, feel free to contact me for a free 15 minute consultation.

"Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at will change". Wayne Dyer

No comments: