Monday, August 16, 2010

The Fortune is in The Follow Up!

I wanted to share a few experiences with everyone as I think there is way too much hype on the internet these days as it pertains to recruiting for network marketing professionals. Having personally sponsored well over a 150 people in my short network marketing career (over 30 in a single month), I can honestly say that I have only ever enrolled 1 or 2 people without following up. Yes, you have to hear the truth and it will set you free. If you expect people to join your business without following up, your sponsor, partner, mentor, whoever that may be - is leading you astray. It will never, never, happen, at least not in network marketing.

So where does that leave you? You must overcome your fears of the telephone and follow up with your people. Not only with your prospects, but also your newest recruits. 2 things happen when you follow up that you must know: 1) It creates a sense of urgency, 2) It helps people make a decision much quicker and not forget about you. Now I'm not saying you call people 5 to 7 times and chase them down until they die or buy. That is not network marketing, that is sales. The point of difference between the two will make you or break you.

So where do you end the follow up? I would end it when you feel the person is no longer responding to your requests or returning your calls - have a sense of pride. I usually will not call anyone more than 3 times ever. Again, I don't care if people join my business or not, truthfully the harder they are to enroll, the harder they are to train. So look for those who move pretty quick and remember "The Fortune is in the follow up"

No comments: