Monday, May 31, 2010

Is World Ventures a good company?

I recently took a look at an MLM company called World Ventures based out of Dallas, Texas. This company looks to be pretty solid, although when I put a search on Google, I did notice that they did have quite a few complaints. I saw, their pricing wasn't as good as expedia or travelocity. I did like their pay plan as it seems to put money in the distributors pockets much faster than a traditional network marketing company. I'm still a little concerned about their pricing to become a distributor at over $200, puts in the tougher to recruit for category. I tend to find the best MLM Companies offer ways for their distributors to get started for less than $200. They do have a fast start bonus of 10% off each sale, which is very low compared to most MLM Fast Start Bonuses. They have implemented other bonuses based on your ability to recruit. With the average network marketer only able to recruit 3 people on average to any company - their model would scare me a bit, as you would really have to find go getters to build your business. Not a bad thing, as most network marketing opportunities require the same thing. The binary looks very good as it pays out about 16% on the weaker leg, where most pay out about 5 - 10% on the weak side. With all that being said, I would say that World Ventures could be a good opportunity for a sales oriented person. You got to keep in mind with World Ventures you are selling an intangible - vacations. I searched the industry for other companies selling travel in an MLM model and quite honestly it looked to be very low. So your competition would be much lower than with a nutritional company, which tends to make up the majority of network marketing.

The advantages of World Ventures:

Pay plan is good for the builder
Management Team has lots of experience in network marketing
Product seems overpriced, but travel is easier to market than a colon cleanser
they have been around for over 3 years (most MLM Companies go broke in their first 3 years)
I personally don't think travel will ever die out due to poor economic times, I mean everyone wants to travel.

The disadvantages of World Ventures:

Fast Start Bonus is lousy
Pay Plan only looks to be good for the builder (long term passive takes longer and pays out less than most MLM Opportunities, most commissions are paid on the initial orders)
Product doesn't fend as well as some of the other online travel companies

All in all from the looks of this company. I would certainly consider becoming a distributor with them if I was looking for a new home. I probably wouldn't recruit anyone who didn't have a sales background, as I think you really need to have some skill-set to be a part of this company. I also think you could build a business that would attract non-distributors. As I always say, if you can't build a business with products only, your biz will eventually fall apart like a deck of cards.

For MLM or Personal Development coaching contact me at john@sellingwithintegrity.net or visit my website at http://www.johnlowery.biz

No comments: