Friday, June 11, 2010

Can you change your health with your mind?

I used to be very skeptical of this up until about 3 years ago, when after suffering with chronic stomach pain for over 6 months, I got desperate. I picked up the telephone and started calling chiropractors. I had remembered my brother had seen a chiropractor as a young boy for his asthma and thought, maybe a chiropractor could help me with my stomach ailment. As I made the calls a chiropractor did answer the phone and he said he could help me. After meeting with him, I knew he was godsent. He helped me understand how my mind and body were connected. I begin seeing him regularly not only for my regular adjustments, but also because of all of his positive energy. I begin to feel better in a few weeks and by a few months I was feeling much better. The stomach ailment has never gone away completely, but when it comes around periodically, I have learned to shift my focus away from the discomfort. Attention goes, where energy flows.

If you're in chronic pain or discomfort. Try to re-focus your energy elsewhere. Anytime you start to find yourself drifting into your pain, simply change the channel and focus on another part of your body that feels good. Start to visualize yourself getting better and believe that you have the ability to heal yourself. Take your ailment and turn it over to The God of your understanding and pray for healing. Do this for 30 days, and you should start to feel better. You must believe it, see it, visualize, and shift focus.

No comments: